Monday, May 30, 2011

My favorite sewing blogs

I work full time as a Program Coordinator for those with developmental disabilities, I have a teenage son, 10 cats, a dog, three goats, a cockatiel, a duck, and about 15 chickens. In my free time I work on my Etsy.com store.

And in the few spare seconds I have each week, I sew.

And when I'm too tired to work on any of the above items, usually while I'm eating my breakfast in the mornings, I try to read some of my favorite sewing blogs on the Internet.

I thought I'd share them in case there are others who are in need of some inspirational words of wisdom from other like-minded people. I remember how thrilled I was when I came across the blogs of fellow seamstresses and seamsters (I like this word, it works for what we need here even if it isn't a real word, so please humor me)

In no particular order (ahem), here they are:

1. Male Pattern Boldness

Peter never fails to make me laugh or at least chuckle at his spectacular wit and charm. He and his identical cousin, Cathy, make a great team. Peter sews and Cathy wears many of the creations on her jaunts around the world.

2. Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing

I think that most of my actual sewing inspiration has come from her. She is a daring sewer, never afraid to try a new technique or try a new pattern. Her blog was so fabulous that she garnered a great book deal. I can't wait until it comes out!!!

3. Erica B.'s DIY Style

More of my sewing inspiration came from her blog. Her color palettes, her enthusiasm and great personality have made for great reading and great pattern reviews.

4. Vacuuming the Lawn

I love the down-to-earth, wearable outfits she creates. I get inspired simply by the ease of which she makes her clothes.

5. A Fashionable Stitch

Previously known as The Cupcake Goddess, I follow her items on Etsy.com. She creates tailor hams and other sewing notions in great prints. When I can spare a few dollars on myself and not on my home or animals I believe I'll be purchasing one or three....



These are probably the top 5 blogs I follow although I do have a long listing in my favorites file in my browser. I thought I'd share my inspiration and perhaps lead some of my fellow seamsters (sounds like Teamsters, eh? -- perhaps we need a union) and seamstresses to their own inspiration!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here. No junk or soliciting, please. I will turn off anonymous settings if I have to. Please do not ruin it for everyone else.